Tuesday, May 17, 2016

2016 Potholder Swap

My 2016 Potholders

The Potholder Swap has been on hold for a year or two. The ladies from Massachusetts that ran the swap decided that they were just too busy to host.  One year, the Annual Dishcloth Swap ladies (of which I am an honorary member) hosted the Potholder Swap. Whoa! We had an amazing response, and YES, it was a LOT of work! I don't blame the Massachusetts crew for passing on their duties. This year, we have hosts from Texas handling all the swap details. You still have plenty of time to join in the fun. Check out the group page HERE. Three potholders are due on June 13th. You really must read all the rules though so you're not disqualified. 
I toyed with a few different patterns, but settled on a modified version of the Granny Mandala crossed with a few rounds from the African Flower motif. I crocheted the backs of each potholder in simple rounds of double crochet for maximum coverage and heat protection.
My potholders measure 7 inches across. I used a size "G" crochet hook, kitchen cotton and crocheted around a plastic ring on the last round. I can't wait to see which three different potholders I receive!
This one is my favorite


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love these! Someone is going to be very happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery