Friday, July 15, 2016

Stay-cation!

Starting at 3:00 pm today, I am officially on vacation for one week. I've been working at HBO for 18 years and I've accumulated TONS of vacation time that I absolutely HAVE to use. We don't have any trips planned for this summer, so I'll be spending my time in the tourist destination of Los Angeles this next week. However, we are planning a trip to Seattle and Port Townsend toward the end of September that I'm looking forward to.
I have many things planned for next week. Tonight Larry is taking me to the Kirk Douglas Theater in Culver City to see "Recorded in Hollywood." It's the story of John Dolphin, his record labels and legendary record shop on Central Avenue in L.A. called Dolphin's of Hollywood.  
Herald Examiner Collection, 1976.  LAPL  Photo Archives. Riverside, CA

I'll be attending a Tunisian crochet workshop, participating in the Kanikapila at Boulevard Music, seeing friends for lunches and dinners, going to the Hollywood Bowl and going to the movies. I hope to sneak in a few museum visits and maybe a short road trip up to Ventura for the day.
After my one week stay-cation, I will need a few more days to rest!
Have a wonderful weekend! Maybe I'll see you around town next week.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM PDT, Blogger betty said...

Happy staycation. You guys should make a trip up to San francisco and check out the new SFMOMA. I think you'd love the place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery