Monday, October 31, 2016

Square Crazy

Victorian Lattice Square in "Sabine" by Juniper Moon Farm

I've had the Victorian Lattice Square by Destany Wymore in my queue for a very long time. I tried following the pattern once or twice, but got confused. Yes, I've been crocheting for a 100 years and I still get confused by written crochet patterns. Eventually, I looked up the pattern again and Joyce Herrmann made a wonky CHART for this gorgeous square. Thank you, Joyce! Using the written pattern along with the chart, helped me finally crochet this square. After making a couple of squares, I've simplified the chart for my personal use.
Many people have used this square in their projects. There are tons of examples on Pinterest. Some of my favorites are blankets and potholders:
autumnrainbow's potholders
Kate's Baby Blanket

Nikki's Peach Blanket. This blanket looks awesome in one color!
I had 3 skeins of souvenir yarn in my stash, recently purchased at Anacapa Fine Yarns in Ventura called "Sabine" by Juniper Moon Farm. It's a blend, 30% royal llama, 30% merino wool and 40% cotton. The cotton really gives this yarn a nice texture.  I figured that I would just make squares and then think of what to make with them once I know how many I have. So far, I have 15 squares. Looks like I'll end up with about 18 squares.
15 squares so far
Maybe I'll have enough squares to work up a little vest.  If I want to make a jacket, I'll have to add another color to the mix.  Probably, this will be a shawlette or scarf.  We'll see.
One of these days I'll get back to my top-down Noro-Brigo cardigan. It's finally starting to get chilly enough in Los Angeles to wear a sweater!
Work in Progress, the Noro-Brigo Cardigan

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery