Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Splitty City!

The Virus Shawl Chart. It's called "Virus" because the pattern spread like one among crocheters around the world!

The Virus Shawl pattern never disappoints! It takes a bit to understand the pattern, but once you've got it, you can fly through the shawl. It is constantly interesting to crochet too. I've made many shawls with this pattern, but this is the first time I've used Trendsetter's Transitions Yarn of the "Smoothie" variety.
My Guild, The El Segundo Slipt Stitchers visited the Trendsetter Warehouse in Van Nuys last August. The owner, Barry Klein gave us an overview of his yarns, along with corresponding patterns. When I saw my friend, Lenora model this Barry Klein designed Sweater/Poncho combo, I immediately LOVED the yarn, so I bought a skein!
Lenora, modelling the "Swancho," with Barry Klein
I'm quite pleased with how my shawl turned out. I love the colors and it's quite large. The drape is lovely too. I used a size "G" crochet hook. HOWEVER, because of the ombre shading in this yarn and the fact that the four thin strands that make up the variegation are not twisted, this yarn is really splitty and difficult to work with! I'm glad this piece is finally done!
Colorway: Turqs to Violets, #211


I changed the border to long picot stitches



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery