Monday, December 04, 2017

GiGi Granny Coat

Ellen's GiGi Cardi and model, GiGi Hadid

It’s the GG (Gorgeous Gal) Cardigan, but this piece was also seen on model, GiGi Hadid, so that’s why I call this my GiGi Granny Coat! Here’s a link to the retail version that costs $2,800. I made my jacket for about $25.
I used various Red Heart worsted weight yarns for this Granny Cardigan. The tutorial is really great, very informative for every single step of this process. 
I made a shorter version and used the classic granny square instead of the one suggested in the pattern. 


I've received more compliments on this sweater than any other thing I've crocheted in the past few decades! It's very cozy, like being wrapped up in an afghan! I might make another one, but in solid color squares.
Rosetta Getty, Mixed Media Granny Square Cardigan, $2,800. 
I've always said that "granny squares are the building blocks to fashion." I rest my case.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:23 AM PST, Blogger amy said...

Lovely! I like the shorter length and pockets.

 
At 7:00 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks Amy! I appreciate your comment!!

 
At 9:23 AM PDT, Blogger Yaqub said...

gdgdg

 
At 11:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dazzling! I like the shorter length and pockets. mens designer jackets online

 
At 9:25 AM PST, Blogger sweetness said...

love this coat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery